Pioneerian Mom & Kid Breastfeeding Milestones
Breastfeeding is the best way of providing ideal food for the healthy growth and development of
babies. It has many benefits for the infant and the mother.
Benefits of Breastmilk/Breastfeeding:
• It provides all the energy and essential nutrients from birth up to 6 months of life.
• The first few drops of breastmilk called colustrum contains antibodies that protect babies against infectious and chronic diseases, such as diarrhea or pneumonia.
• It strengthens the bond with mother and child.
• It reduces the risk of ovarian and breasts cancer of the mother.
• It helps space pregnancies due to the hormonal effect which often induces cessation of menstruation.